Beautiful camp situated in the private Sapi cocession, we had a truly spectacular trip.
John Pearce 32 yrs, Madrid, Spain, Read 0 reviews »
Mana Pools, Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe
Sapi Explorers Camp
- Sapi Explorers Camp, perfectly located along the Zambezi River, offers a base to explore the Sapi Reserve, Mana Pools and the Zambezi River.
- Guests have the opportunity to experience up-close encounters with elephant, lion, leopard, hyena, wild dog, buffalo, eland, zebra and other ungulate species.
- Explore one of Africa’s remote wilderness areas on foot and on wildlife-viewing drives with some of the best guides in the country.
Facilities includeDeck Pool Daily Laundry Excellent Bush Restaurant Bush Bar Extensive Library
- Guided Boating Safaris
Seasons in Zimbabwe
About Sapi Explorers Camp
Sapi Explorers Camp, perfectly located along the Zambezi River, is situated within the 118,000 hectare private Sapi Concession. The Camps prime location offers guests a base to explore the Sapi Reserve , Mana Pools and the Zambezi River. The camp has 5 Explorer-Style tents reminiscent of the old African explorers, the perfect combination of romance, adventure and discovery. The focus of the camp is to explore one of Africa's remote wilderness areas on foot and by game-viewing drives as well as canoeing and boating on the Zambezi River. When traversing the Sapiâs diverse terrain you will encounter some of Africa's largest wildlife species such as elephant, lion, leopard, hyena and wild dog, as well as discover the legendary Mutawatawa Pan. The Sapi area is a prime for bird watching and offers guests opportunities to spot resident and migrant species especially in the early mornings and late afternoons.
Private Sapi Concession in Zimbabwe.
Complimentary return road transfers from the Sapi Airstrip to camp included in the nightly rate.
How to get there
Sapi Explorer Camp can be reached by light aircraft from the Zimbabwean capital Harare. It is also possible to charter from Victoria Falls or from any of the other safari areas in the country. The camp can also be accessed by road and boat transfer from Lusaka or Victoria Falls. The nearest airstrip to Ruckomechi is Mana West, a 20 minutesÃ¢ÂÂ drive from camp.
When to go
Between the months of December to March is the raining season when the bush begins to turn green and the Zambezi river raises and the temperatures increase. April and May are when the rains begin to retreat and the bush is covered in colour, these are the warmest months of the year. Between June and August is the dry season and the temperature is much cooler during the night. As September begins the temperatures begin to rise in the build-up to the raining season.
We also recommend consulting a medical professional before travelling for up-to-date medical advice for your travels.
Travelling with children
Children of all ages are all welcome.
Make an enquiry
Contact us for your truly bespoke itinerary
What happens next?
- One of our experts will reply to you within 12 hours.
- We will customise your requirements with the help of our true expert knowledge.
- We will create the best experience possible at a truly transparent price.