Tailor-made Luxury Holidays
Our Zimbabwe Expert
Zimbabwe offers diverse and very hands on experiences from rafting down the Zambezi to fishing in tiny mountain streams for trout. Its dramatic landscapes vary from balancing rocks of the Matopos and sunsets on Lake Kariba to the mighty Victoria Falls.Contact Adda
My recent trip in Zimbabwe
Why we love Zimbabwe
The latest insight from our time spent exploring Zimbabwe.
Heart of Southern Africa
Zimbabwe is a landlocked country in the heart of Southern Africa defined by its impressive national parks and dramatic landscapes. A safari here feels like nature in the raw and it’s easy to see why Zimbabwe lays claim to being one of the African continent’s most exciting destinations.
Dramatic Scenery & Incredible Wildlife
From the Kalahari sands of Hwange to one of the magnificent seven natural wonders of the world, the Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe is a land of dramatic contrasts, offering a sense of scale and wilderness that easily matches that of its more visited neighbours. Full of game-rich destinations, fascinating cultural history and some of Africa’s most beautiful landscapes, including five UNESCO World Heritage Sites, it is easy to see why Zimbabwe always was Southern Africa’s premier tourism destination for many years.
The Mighty Zambezi River
While the Victoria Falls may be its crowning glory, the mighty Zambezi River, which forms the border with Zambia, offers safari destinations with a difference such as the beautiful and untouched Mana Pools along the banks of the Lower Zambezi, or Matusadona National Park on the shore of man-made Lake Kariba.
Wonder of the World
Set on the Zambezi at the site of one of Earth’s seven natural wonders, Victoria Falls has a strong claim to become the hub of Southern African safari. Sharing borders with Zambia, Botswana and Namibia entering Southern Africa via Victoria Falls makes a lot of sense for visitors to these premier tourism destinations.
Whatever experience you are looking for, our experts are ready to help…
How to Explore Zimbabwe
These itineraries cover routes and places that are particularly popular with our guests and are designed to inspire. Every single trip we create is tailor-made and highly personalised to meet your specific requirements.
Travel the Zambezi
- Understand why Zimbabwean guides are considered the best in Africa. Game drive, walk and paddle through Zimbabwe's iconic national parks and experience the thrill of Victoria Falls
- 10 nights of safari in luxury lodges and quality bush camps, fully inclusive accommodation, includes safari activities and domestic flights from £4,250 per person based on two sharing.
- Victoria Falls, Matusadona, Lake Kariba and Mana Pools National Park
Highlights of Zimbabwe and Mozambique
- Recline on the banks of the Zambezi, fly over the Victoria falls and have elephants surround you at Hwange as the drink from the camp waterhole. Dive the two-mile reef and enjoy walks on pristine islands
- 14 nights from £4,900pp including transfers, helicopter flights at Victoria falls, all park fees and activities on Safari on an all inclusive basis
- Zambezi Sands, Nehimba and Azura Benguerra
Rhinos, Walking, and Waterfalls
- Track rhino on foot among ancient San Bushmen artworks, take in the breathtaking scenery in Matopos National Park and enjoy breakfast overlooking elephants in Hwange National Park
- 7 nights from £3,160pp including transfers and accommodation
- Camp Amalinda, Somalisa Expeditions, and Victoria Falls Hotel.
Zimbabwean Family Adventure
- Stand at the cliff edge and hear the roar of the Victoria falls, cycle deep in the heart of the African bush, and boat down the Zambezi
- 14 nights from £3,700pp including transfers and accommodation based on a family of 4
- Georges Lodge, Bomani, Jozibanini and River God Adventures
Victoria Falls and Masai Mara Honeymoon - Float and Fly
- Float over the Masai Mara, watch the wildebeest migration and take a helicopter flight over the Victoria Falls
- 7 nights from £2,800pp including transfers, hot air balloon ride, helicopter flight and accommodation
- Ol Seki and Zambezi Sands
Cape Town, Okavango and Victoria Falls
- Experience Victoria Falls, the Okavango Delta & Cape Town throughout 3 Southern African countries at any time of the year
- 10 nights from £2,750pp including transfers and accommodation, on a fully inclusive basis in Botswana and a B&B basis in Cape Town and Victoria Falls
- Cape Town - Camps Bay, Okavango - Chief's Island and the Upper Zambezi - Victoria Falls
The Victoria Falls
The crashing deluge of the mighty Zambezi as it spectacularly plunges over the Victoria Falls is one of Africa’s most awe-inspiring and iconic sights. We think that the Falls are best seen from the Zimbabwean side and when you’re standing close to the world’s greatest mass of falling water and enjoying the sight of double rainbows, you won’t feel short-changed. The clearest views are from July to March when the spray isn’t as thick and you can meander through stunning rainforest on to 16 viewpoints along the gorge-edge, including one above the thundering Devil’s Cataract (named by missionaries who witnessed tribes sacrificing beasts to the rainbow god). Known by its African name, Mosi-ay-Tunya (the smoke that thunders), the Falls are now linked by dozens of daily flights and holds a reputation for being the adrenaline centre of Africa with bungee jumping, white water rafting and helicopter flights that drop right into the gorge.
Mana Pools National Park
Mana Pools National Park has some of the best walking, fishing and boats safari opportunities.
The Matopos Hills has one of the most beautiful landscapes in Africa and is where Cecil Rhodes was buried and you find Worlds View.
Hwange National Park
Hwange has more species than any other national park in Zimbabwe. It is famous for its elephants in which there are many.
The worlds largest man-made lake that has some amazing tiger fishing and fantastic game viewing all year round.
Gonarezhou is a specialist and unique safari location with huge diversity in wildlife and landscapes.
Where To Stay in Zimbabwe
Explore some of our highly recommended lodges within our Zimbabwe Collection.