Luxury accommodation, outstanding staff
Leslie S 58 yrs, Staffordshire, UK, Read 0 reviews »
Busanga Plains, Zambia
- The camp is suitably named 'Shumba', meaning 'lion', due to the incredible prides of lion seen in the area
- Busanga Plains is the best place in Zambia to find the rare cheetah
- Watch wildlife from the air with the most exclusive wildlife ballooning in Africa
Facilities includeSwimming pool Dining area Bar / Lounge
- Guided walks
- Boating (seasonal)
- Game drives (day and night)
- Hot air balloon ride (seasonal)
Seasons in Zambia
About Shumba Camp
Shumba is a stylish camp located in the centre of the beautiful Busanga Plains, placed on the edge of a 'Tree island'. It has 6 spacious luxury tented suites, all en-suite with an indoor and outdoor shower and all with incredible views of the surrounding plains.
The bar and dining area is shaded by fig trees to escape the mid-day sun, and looks over the wildlife-rich plains, home to a wealth of game, including lion, wild dog and the elusive cheetah.
Dinner takes places either on the deck under the starry sky, or in the cosy boma where you will witness a little Zambian culture with your meal.
Shumba Camp is situated in the north-west corner of the Busanga Plains of Kafue National Park in Central Zambia.
How to get there
A 10-hour international flight to Kenneth Kaunda International Airport, Lusaka from the UK. From there, a small plane takes you to the Busanga airstrip.
When to go
Shumba Camp closes between 01 December and 31 May.
Zambia is regarded as a malarial area and therefore proper prevention, by way of malaria prophylaxis is recommended. There are many different strains of Malaria requiring specific drugs. Please consult your doctor for the right prophylactic (anti Malarial) drugs. You may also require proof of Yellow Fever and other vaccinations, so please make sure these are up to date.
Travelling with children
There are no specific child care facilities and the camp has a minimum age of 8 years, as the camp is not fenced so animals are able to roam freely. Children must be 12 years or older to participate in walking safaris.
Make an enquiry
Contact us for your truly bespoke itinerary
What happens next?
- One of our experts will reply to you within 12 hours.
- We will customise your requirements with the help of our true expert knowledge.
- We will create the best experience possible at a truly transparent price.