This place is incredible. Every year, the Icehotel is build up toally new and never the same as before.
Freddie Steel 21 yrs, Burnham Market, Read 0 reviews »
- The individual ice rooms and more elaborately finished suites, insulated so completely from external sound by tightly compacted snow, are almost eerily peaceful
- Sample the ‘Ice menu’ at the main restaurant, where inventive dishes are served on blocks of ice
- A stay here also provides the opportunity to experience a range of activities, including husky sledding and cross-country skiing
Facilities includeWIFI Child Friendly Spa Restaurant Winter Clothing Provided
- Snow shoeing
- Meet the Sami
- Husky sledding
- Northern Lights experiences
Seasons in Sweden
About Ice hotel
Every year, when Torne River turns to ice a new Ice Hotel is created in the small village of Jukkasjarvi in the north of Sweden. The ice of the river transforms to design the Ice Hotel, an art project and the worldâs first, and largest hotel built of snow and ice. The Hotel offers a once in a lifetime experience and you will never stay in the same ice hotel twice as each year the design is different. Sleeping in a bed made of ice is story that you will want to tell everyone after you experience it. The hotel has all the amenities you would expect to find in any other luxury hotel, including an ice bar and restaurant. Each room has its own theme and design making your stay different to everyone else.
The Ice Hotel is located in Northern Sweden. The hotel looks out over the Torne River, where the ice forms each winter to make the hotel. The hotel is in the small village of Jukkasjarvi and is a short drive from Kiruna Airport.
How to get there
Flights from London to Kiruna airport, via Stockholm are the quickest option for those wishing to stay at the Ice Hotel. Guests are met at the airport by private transfer and taken straight to the hotel.
When to go
The Ice Hotel is only available between the month of December and April.
The hotel is made out of ice and therefore the temperature is lower than a normal hotel. it is important to wear the correct clothing when staying at the hotel. You will be given a briefing on the suitable clothing upon arrival and how to sleep safely in the hotel.
Travelling with children
The hotel welcomes older children but it is a predominately adult destination.
Make an enquiry
Contact us for your truly bespoke itinerary
What happens next?
- One of our experts will reply to you within 12 hours.
- We will customise your requirements with the help of our true expert knowledge.
- We will create the best experience possible at a truly transparent price.