Tailor-made Luxury Holidays
Our Sweden Expert
If you wanted to combine extraordinary accommodation with extraordinary experiences Sweden offers just that accompanied by a warm cinnamon bun and a dose of hyggae.Contact Molly
My recent trip in Sweden
Why we love Sweden
Thanks to a few incredibly unique hotels (looking at you Treehotel and Icehotel) Sweden flies a flag for unusual places to rest your head. They are destination enough but they also offer a range of summer and winter activities making the most of their remarkable settings.
Swedes have a way of sucking you into their way of life, slowing right down and making the most of the outdoor environment they are blessed with. From meeting the Sami to learning to ice fish their 9-5’s have been transformed into rare experiences for you to do whilst on holiday.
Unlike some parts of the world where people steer clear of in ‘low season’, we cannot decide when we love Sweden most – in summer during the midnight sun or in winter when the snow blessed north becomes a playground.
Watching Swedes cope with snow is enough to humble the most proud British man. Armed with a toboggan, snow shoes, skis, a snow mobile or a pack of huskies figure out your favoured way of getting around before collapsing in front of a fire or in the sauna and waiting for the northern lights.
Whatever experience you are looking for, our experts are ready to help…
How to Explore Sweden
West Coast Road Trip
- It is no secret that the Swedes are exemplary when it comes to positive lifestyle living. Slot into their way of life by visiting the forests and coastline in the summer. Hop on a bicycle or a kayak to work up an appetite. Then really live off the land by joining sea safaris fishing for lobsters and mussels.
- From £2,990 per person for a weeks accomodation and an excursion a day.
- Gothenburg and the West Coast of Sweden
- Combine the capital city and the Arctic countryside in Winter. Watch school children ice skate to school in Stockholm before hopping on a domestic flight to the north where you can try your own hand at slightly less hectic ice sports – snowmobiling anyone?
- From £3,610 per person for a week between capital and Lapland full of experiences
- Stockholm and Swedish Lapland
Summer in Sweden
- Bare windswept cliffs, bays lined with soft sand, green forests and a beautiful coastline: nature in the archipelago is varied and offers a wide variety of activities. Cycle or walk along a nature trail, enjoy the pleasures of nature from a boat, explore the beaches on the islands, or just breathe in the fresh air.
- From £2,110 per person for a week of action in the Swedish countryside
- Swedish Lapland, Stockholm
Highlights in Sweden
You only need a weekend in Stockholm to see the Swedes infamously relaxed approach to life. Built across 14 islands and a short hop from an enormous archipelago, you are only ever a stones throw away from the water. Quiet coffees, enormous cinnamon buns, sailing trips, Abba and meatballs will easily fill a short memorable break.
The wild west of Sweden, the West Coast is where the Swedes have their holiday homes. The area is made for road tripping after a night in the student city of Gothenburg. Expect sensational sea food and car free islands, so life on foot or on bicycle. Fisherman huts line the shore and hop on a locals boat for a hands on sea food experience served to you fresh on the boat or later that evening.
Swedish Lapland in winter does not immediately scream idyllic holiday destination. Yet, the Northern Lights, free range reindeer, husky sledding, snowmobiling and a few warm layers suddenly make the harsh environment somewhat magical. They say people make a place and in our opinion no place does this ring more true than Swedish Lapland. Chatting to your guides over a fire in the woods after a morning bombing around in the snow is quite the experience.
After harsh winters and more metres of snow in a year than the UK sees in a decade, the ice melts and in its place acres of forests and enormous lakes appear. It is a playground of outdoor activity and the unique lodges still provide a brag worthy space to rest your head after all the fresh air. Also, the midnight sun lends itself to late nights sharing memories by the water.