Isolated splendour. Peace and quiet. Stunning architecture.
Alan K 50 yrs, Bath, United Kingdom, Read 0 reviews »
Ampara Town, Sri Lanka
Gal Oya Lodge
- High-end, environmentally responsible tourism.
- Lies in Sri Lanka’s forgotten National Park, Gal Oya, with the country’s largest lake
- Boat safaris to see stunning wildlife, including swimming elephants
Facilities includeWIFI Swimming Pool Room Safe Restaurant Bar
- Boating Safaris
- Cultural Visits
- Elephant Safari
- Jeep Safaris through jungle
- Walks through countryside with Naturalist guide
Seasons in Sri Lanka
About Gal Oya Lodge
Gal Oya Lodge is the perfect destination to get back to nature. Situated within Sri Lanka's forgotten national park, Gal Oya, the lodge is spread across 20 acres of private forest and lies truly nestled in the jungle. The lodge has a restaurant and bar, and guests can enjoy relaxing in the swimming pool, with spectacular scenery of the surrounding low lying mountains.
The nine-room wildlife lodge, which specialises in high-end, environmentally responsible tourism, is constructed from natural materials that have all been locally sourced.
At Gal Oya Lodge, you can enjoy boat safaris, jungle drives, naturalist walks, or just relaxing by the pool. There is something for everyone.
Situated along the âBibile â Ampara/ Inginiyagalla roadâ at the end of the 30km post.
3.5 hours from Kandy / Sigiriya
2.5 hours from Passikuda
2.5 hours from Ella
2.5 hours from Yala
2.5 hours from Aragum Bay
How to get there
3.0 hours from new Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport
The Lodge has its own helipad. Tours can be arranged.
When to go
Travelling with children
Make an enquiry
Contact us for your truly bespoke itinerary
What happens next?
- One of our experts will reply to you within 12 hours.
- We will customise your requirements with the help of our true expert knowledge.
- We will create the best experience possible at a truly transparent price.