Holiday of a lifetime
Stacy C 28 yrs, Cambridge, UK, Read 0 reviews »
The Waterberg Region, South Africa
- Breathtaking views across the Waterberg
- The Waterberg is immensely rich in cultural, archaeological and biological diversity and has a fascinating history
- A home from home experience, delicious al-fresco dining, and a vast variety of safari activities
Facilities includeWIFI Heated Swimming Pool Safes
- Game Drives
- Rhino Tracking
- Mountain Biking
- Walking Safaris
- Night Sky Safaris
- Horse Riding Safaris / Full day Rides
- Bug & Spoor Walks/ Learn to become a Ranger
- Pony rides for beginners / Horse riding lesson
Seasons in South Africa
About Ant's Hill
Ant's hill creates a home from home experience, with a team that provides a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Set in boulders on the edge of a cliff, the lodge offers mesmerising views across the Waterberg, including a waterhole which attracts an array of wildlife. Each cottage is uniquely designed, blending into the bush, with spectacular bathrooms, including heavenly sunken baths and waterfall showers. Guests can also spend hours in the heated pool, admiring the stunning views across the reserve.
The reserve is situated on an escarpment looking out over the Waterberg Plateau in the Limpopo Province, 3 hours north of OR Tambo International Airport (formally known as Johannesburg International Airport). Ants hill is 3.5 hours east of Madikwe and 5 hours west of the Kruger National Park.
How to get there
Take the NI north. Once on the N1 you will go past the outskirts of Pretoria and continue for at least 60-80 minutes.
At the third toll station (this is known as the Kranskop Tollgate) ensure you are in the very left lane as you will coming off the highway here. Turn left towards Nylstroom/Modimolle on the R33.
Drive straight on this road through Nylstroom/ Modimolle and continue for 60kms to Vaalwater.
Once in Vaalwater keep driving straight, there is a Total Garage and Spar on your left, take the road right on the R33 towards Ellisras / Lephalale.
When to go
This beautiful area is at an altitude of 4,500 feet above sea level offers a wonderful temperate climate and can be visited all year round.
Ant's Hill is in a malaria-free area.
Travelling with children
Children of all ages are welcome at Ants & they have a variety of activities to keep them entertained during their stay. Both lodges have trampolines, sandpits, board games, toys, books, rackets and balls etc. At Ants they also provide baby sitting and childrenâs meals can be specially planned.
Make an enquiry
Contact us for your truly bespoke itinerary
What happens next?
- One of our experts will reply to you within 12 hours.
- We will customise your requirements with the help of our true expert knowledge.
- We will create the best experience possible at a truly transparent price.