Tailor-made Luxury Holidays
Our Maldives Expert
I find it hard to believe there's anywhere more idyllic than the Maldives. Whether you are after an island hopping, scuba diving or deep-sea fishing adventure - or even simply want to do absolutely nothing - there's an amazing island for you.Contact Molly
My recent trip in Maldives
North and South Malé Atolls
Malé Atoll is a natural atoll of the Maldives. This atoll consists of two separate atolls: North Malé Atoll and South Malé Atoll. A benefit of this Atoll is it's proximity to the international airport, meaning access to the islands can be by speed-boat rather than an expensive and more restrictive sea plane. The North Malé Atoll is the most attractive island for surfers, with swells produced between March to October, however it is also the perfect destination for some relaxing beach time, the dream honeymoon or a family holiday with its shallow turquoise waters and pristine sandy beaches.
The Baa Atoll
The Baa Atoll is an administrative division of the Maldives and a UNESCO world biosphere. It can be reached by a scenic 30-minute sea plane flight from Male. Apart from the highly sought-after crystal clear waters, white beaches and tropical climate, the island has unusually rich vegetation offering a unique natural experience, painting the perfect picture of paradise. This atoll is home to some of the most celebrated resorts of the Maldives including a Four Seasons, Soneva and Anantara.
North and South Ari Atolls
Located a 30 minute seaplane from the international airport, the Ari Atoll is one of the largest collections of island in the Maldives. It is home to some well known 5* resorts including LUX* South Ari Atoll and Constance Halaveli, North Ari Atoll.
The Laamu Atoll
One of the more remote of the Maldives Atolls, the Laamu Atoll is still easily accessed by direct domestic flights from Male International Airport. It is home to one of the True Luxury Travel team's favourite beach holiday properties - Six Senses Laamu. This atoll is worth a visit for the fantastic conservation practices of Six Senses, a world class surf break, incredible diving and of course the faultless attention to detail of the in-resort staff.
The Maldives are formed by numerous natural atolls in the Indian Ocean. They make up a tropical paradise of pristine beaches and idyllic turquoise waters. The atolls that make up the Maldives are renowned for their incredible snorkelling and diving opportunities, with their crystal clear waters and shallow lagoons, making it perfect for families or a romantic getaway for two. Use the experience of our team at True Luxury Travel to get a better understanding of which island will be perfect for you.
How to Explore Maldives
These itineraries cover routes and places that are particularly popular with our guests and are designed to inspire. Every single trip we create is tailor-made and highly personalised to meet your specific requirements.
African Safari and the Maldives
- Although there are no direct flights between Africa and the Maldives, the Middle Eastern Airlines - Emirates, Ethiad and Qatar, all link well to combine these iconic destinations.
- Begin on safari in Kenya's Masai Mara or South Africa's Kruger National Park before heading into the Indian Ocean. 10 nights away from £4,500 per person, inclusive of flights
- Big Five Safari - East of Southern Africa & White sand Maldivian islands.
Sri Lanka and Maldives
- A fantastic combination of two headlining Indian Ocean destinations - food, culture and touring throughout Sri Lanka, followed by relaxation and underwater adventures in the Maldives
- From £3,500 per person for a 14 night holiday combining Sri Lanka and the Maldives
- Kandy, Tea Country, Galle and the Male Atoll
- Some hotels work a lot better for families than others. It's important to choose carefully when selecting the destination for your next family holiday. We have the information and experience to accurately guide you.
- From £7,500 for a family of four spending 7 nights in the Maldives on a half board basis, including international flights.
- Speak to one of our specialists to find out which luxury Maldives property will really suit you. We use our experience of actually staying at these hotels to guide your decision an ensure the perfect honeymoon.
- From £6,500 for a 10 night honeymoon, staying at an exclusive 5* property on a half board basis. inclusive of international flights
- The Male Atoll, Baa Atoll
All Inclusive Maldives
- The Maldives can be an expensive destination when you are in resort, so it can be nice to have the security of an all inclusive package. It's important to understand what is actually included in a Maldives inclusive holiday resort.
- Prices vary enormously in the Maldives, but for a 5*, quality all inclusive costs range from £500 - £2,500 per room per night
- All inclusive Maldives
- There's little more romantic room types than an over-water villa. Brand new Milaidhoo has already firmly established itself as one of our favourite Maldivian hotels.
- Spend seven nights in a Water Pool Villa at Milaidhoo on a half board basis from £4,350 per person, inclusive of sea plan transfers.
- Milaidhoo, Baa Atoll
Where To Stay in Maldives
Explore some of our highly recommended lodges within our Maldives Collection.