Malaysia & Borneo
Tailor-made Luxury Holidays
Our Malaysia & Borneo Expert
Countries with such a diverse range of activities makes them all the more exciting to explore and for me to put together tailor- made itineraries specific to each client.Contact Katie
My recent trip in Malaysia & Borneo
Why we love Malaysia & Borneo
The latest insight from our time spent exploring Malaysia & Borneo
Malaysia’s an extraordinarily diverse country with its eye-grabbing landscapes, misty highlands, dense rainforests, wildlife, beaches and modern cities. Explore the hidden world of Mount Kinabalu, it is not all about reaching the top. The faunas and orchids are the perfect excuses to stop and smell the flowers.See the firefly displays which are so immense they will put the night's sky to shame.
Delve into the Jungle for wildlife experiences on the Kinabatangan River. Borneo Rainforest Lodge is located in a magnificent setting beside the Danum River, in Sabah’s largest protected area of lowland dipterocarp forest. Enjoy guided nature walks with experienced naturalists through undisturbed riverine and lowland dipterocarp forest. There are numerous opportunities to see a compendium of exciting creatures such as proboscis monkeys, orang-utans, silver leaf monkeys, pygmy elephants and an assortment of special bird species.
Malaysia’s Borneo is renowned for its beaches. With very few hotels to choose from, it's a very refreshing place to go on holiday. Langkawi, being one of them, consists of an archipelago of ninety-nine islands in the north-west corner of Peninsula Malaysia on the Thai-Malaysian sea border. You can enjoy the beach, surrounded by lush green vegetation and impressive limestone formations out to sea.
For the adventurers, there are some very impressive treks to embark on. Hike up climb Mount Kinabalu, to the summit of South East Asia’s Highest Peak. You might also head to Mulu for some lighter trekking and also to explore multiple caves, experience the bat precession, swim in waterfalls, picnic in shady spots outside the caves and experience true village life.
Whatever experience you are looking for, our experts are ready to help…
How to Explore Malaysia & Borneo
These itineraries cover routes and places that are particularly popular with our guests and are designed to inspire. Every single trip we create is tailor-made and highly personalised to meet your specific requirements.
Family Rainforest and beach
- One need's to book well in advance for Borneo. Lodges are intimate and remote. Experience incredible diversity, jaw-dropping landscapes, memorable wildlife and cultural interactions with locals.
- A 9-night stay, including a driver and private boat safaris and treks throughout, to include domestic flights from £3,400 per person.
- Sepilok Nature Reserve, Abai Jungle Lodge, Borneo Rainforest Lodge and Shangri La Rasa Ria
- Enjoy a thrilling climb up Mount Kinabalu. Absorb the noises of the rainforest and unravel and experience unique wildlife experiences and boutique lodging throughout.
- A 10-night stay, privately guided boat trips and treks, staying in authentic accommodation from £5,500 per person, inclusive of domestic flights, fully inclusive activities and meals.
- Mount Kinabalu, Kinabatangan River and Borneo Rainforest Lodge.
Malaysian City and Beaches
- Explore the enticing city of Kuala Lumpur before heading to one of Malaysia's pristine beaches in Langkawi, surrounded by jungle and wildlife.
- From £3,500 for 8 nights including transfers, flights and accommodation.
- Kuala Lumpur & Langkawi
Malaysia & Borneo's scenery extravaganza
- From Kuala Lumpur, head to the Cameron Highlands and hit the summit of Gunung Brinchang for sunrise. Explore the caves hidden in Borneo's dense rainforest of Mulu and wind down on beaches - unspoilt on Gaya Islands.
- From £3,500 per person inclusive of guiding, domestic flights and accommodation.
- Kuala Lumpur, Cameron Highlands, Mulu and Gaya Island
Romance in Malaysia
- Delve into Malaysia's Capital with its exquisite restaurants, tropical gardens and Petranos Towers
- From 9 nights at £3,750 per person inclusive of flights, transfers and accommodation.
- Kuala Lumpur and Tioman Islands
- Start your adventure in Kuching, life on the river and in the jungle, visit Semenggoh Orangutan Sanctuary. Travel across Batang Lake and live life like a local in an Iban Longhouse.
- From 7 nights from 3,400 per person inclusive of flights, transfers and accommodation
- Kuching, Batang Ai a local Iban Longhouse adventure
Malaysia & Borneo Highlights
Penang is an island-state off the northwestern coast of Peninsular Malaysia. It comprises two halves - Penang Island, where the capital city of George Town is located, and a strip of mainland Peninsula named Seberang Perai (formerly Province Wellesley).
Where To Stay in Malaysia & Borneo
Explore some of our highly recommended lodges within our Malaysia & Borneo Collection.