Tailor-made Luxury Holidays
Our Malawi Expert
Malawi is a hidden gem, with high mountains, ancient lakes & stunning hidden valleys. The diversity the country offers is as a direct result of the varied landscapes. The lake is a key feature and provides the ideal beach break & sleepy nature beaches.Contact Anton
My recent trip in Malawi
Nyika National Park
Nyika National Park is a dramatic and magical contrast to Lake Malawi with its rolling grasslands and mountain outcrops. With a high concentration of zebras, bushbucks, roan antelopes, reed bucks and elephants, as well as the elusive leopard, the Park offers a memorably unique safari destination. Instead of just viewing the Park in a 4x4, you can also explore on foot or by mountain bike and when you fancy a break, you can rest-up by a gin-clear stream and enjoy a spot of fishing.
Lake Malawi, also known as Lake Nyasa in Tanzania and Lago Niassa in Mozambique, is an African Great Lake and the southernmost lake in the East African Rift system, located between Malawi, Mozambique and Tanzania.
Majete Wildife Reserve
Majete is a true African conservation success story, Malawi’s only Big Five reserve, the 70,000 hectares exists today as a demonstration of how hard work can restore a wilderness area which previously had been decimated by poaching. Liwonde is a small but beautiful gem of a national park, running along the banks of the Shire River visitors here can explore by game drive and boat safari and expect to see large numbers of elephant, hippo and buffalo.
Nkotakhota Wildlife Reserve
khotakota, to the east of the region and near Lake Malawi, is one of the two large game areas in the Central Region. Its vast 700 sq miles (1800 sq km) is of rugged terrain crossed by a number of rivers which tumble down the edge of the escarpment as they make their ways to the Lake. Most of the reserve is Miombo woodland with large patches of tall grasses and occasional areas of rainforest. This is a wonderful example of true wilderness which particularly attracts those who wish to enjoy a walking safari, fishing and climbing. The reserve is difficult to access because there are few roads or driveable tracks. The range of mammals is as good as anywhere in Malawi and birdlife is prolific with giant kingfishers and palm nut vultures among the 130 recorded species.
Liwonde National Park
Liwonde is a small but beautiful gem of a national park, running along the banks of the Shire River visitors here can explore by game drive and boat safari and expect to see large numbers of elephant, hippo and buffalo.
How to Explore Malawi
These itineraries cover routes and places that are particularly popular with our guests and are designed to inspire. Every single trip we create is tailor-made and highly personalised to meet your specific requirements.
- Safari down the mighty Shire river, with superb bird life and herds of wildlife attracted to the waters edge, snorkel with endemic fish and cap the trip off with a few days soaking up the sun on the beach.
- 8 nights from £3,300 pp including transfers, internal flights game drives and park fees on a full board basis.
- Mvuu Lodge, Mumbo Island and Pumulani.
Malawai Safari & Beach
- Majete national park, explore the wonders of this big 5 reserve. Miombo woodlands and granite topped hills form the back drop to this unique reserve. Relax on the edges of Lake Malawi.
- 7 nights from £2,300 pp including transfer, accommodation and meals on a full board basis
- Mkulumadzi and Pumulani.
Malawi's Mountains, Rivers and Lakes
- Hike hidden trails in the Zomba Plateau, taste teas in the foot hills of mount Mulanjie, track big game on foot on the banks of the Shire river and relax on the beaches.
- 14 days from £5,150pp including internal flights, transfers, accommodation on a full board basis.
- Huntingdon house, Zomba Forest Lodge, Mvuu Lodge and Kaya Mawa.
Malawi's Northern Gems
- Walk unexplored elephant trails, rest your feet in tranquil rock pools. Soak in the views of the Nyika plateau and take the time to search for endemic orchids, elusive leopards and rare antelopes, ending with a few days diving, kayaking and starlight dinners on the shores of Lake Malawi.
- 10 nights from £4,420 including internal flights, transfers, accommodation on a full board basis.
- Tongole Wilderness Lodge, Chelinda Lodge and Kaya Mawa
Malawi & Zambia
- Buck the trend, explore the Africa's hidden corners. Safari in South Luangwa's small and exclusive camps, and then Kayak and snorkel in the hidden bays of Lake Malawi
- 10 nights from £2,700 pp including internal flights, transfers, accommodation on a full board basis.
- Kafunta and Blue Zebra
Kaya Mawa- Lake Malawi, 7 Night Honeymoon Special
- Voted in the top ten 'Most Romantic Places in the World' by Conde Nast. This stunning rustic chic lodge has panoramic views over Lake Malawi which can be seen from your private suite.
- 7 nights Honeymoon special from £2,150 pp, including transfers accommodation and internal flights
- Kaya Mawa