Tailor-made Luxury Holidays
Our Laos Expert
" I have travelled extensively in Laos. My fondest memory being a cruise up the Mekong to Huay Xai to travel further in the Golden Triangle in Thailand. "Contact Katie
My recent trip in Laos
Why we love Laos
The latest insight from our time spent exploring Laos.
Feast your eyes on the unspoilt nature in Laos. When travelling around Laos, there is plenty to see. Dense Jungles, caves, great mountains, rivers, limestone cliffs and rice fields. This is one of the hidden charms of this magnificent country, still relatively untouched and undiscovered.
Laos has a fascinating Buddhist culture, with many temples and ceremonies common to Laos. You can see the famous Buddha Park with over 200 religious statues and sculptures including a 40m high Buddha, The Great Stupa which is the most sacred monument in the whole of Laos. There are also ceremonies common to Laos called the Baci which is a mix of Animism and Buddhism, and their purpose is to “call back” your own spirits to your body because they sometimes escape.
Local Hill Tribes
We can navigate you through the dense jungle, where you can immerse yourself in to the locals way of life to experience the Akha tribes in their richest and most natural form. The best places to experience these hill tribe villages are around Muang La, Muang Khua and Nong Khaiw.
Adventure & Sports
While you wont stumble upon a beach in Laos, due to the variety of landscapes and scenery within the country there are a variety of activities you can do. With the vast rock formations around Vang Vieng you can do rock climbing and in Luang Prabang the best way to get around is by walking or exploring by bicycle. Deep into the jungle you have the Gibbon Experience where you can spend nights in treehouses and zip line between the houses exploring more of the jungle.
Whatever experience you are looking for, our experts are ready to help…
How to Explore Laos
Explore some of our highly recommended lodges within our Laos Collection.
- Explore all this beautiful country has to offer from its night markets, Poussi temple, life on the Mekong and local tribes.
- From £4,300 per person including internal flights and transfers.
- Luang Prabang, Muang La, Vientiane
Laos and Thailand Family Adventure
- Get up close to Elephants in sanctuaries, explore waterfalls by bicycle and zip line through the jungle.
- From £6,000 per person including internal flights and transfers.
- Chiang Mai, Muang La & Luang Prabang
- Acclimatise in spiritual Luang Prabang then take on the Buzz of a Vietnamese city, explore limestone islands and try street food from local vendors.
- 14 days from £6,500 per person including flights and transfers.
- Luang Prabang, Hanoi, Halong Bay, Nha Trang and Saigon
History & Culture Tour
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Luang Prabang & Siem Reap.
- 10 days from £3,500 per person including internal flights and transfers.
- Luang Prabang & Vientiane & Siem Reap
Mekong by Boat
- Float up the Mekong River up to the Northern border of Laos and cross into Thailand.
- 10 days from £3,000 per person including flights and transfers.
- Luang Prabang, Huay Xai, Chiang Rai & Chiang Mai
City & Beach
- Explore the temples, musems, markets and Beaches
- ....£ including internal flights and transfers.
- Vientiane, Bangkok & Koh Samui
These itineraries cover routes and places that are particularly popular with our guests and are designed to inspire. Every single trip we create is tailor-made and highly personalized to meet your specific requirements.
Muang La is 28km from Udomxai in the North of Laos. It offers a rural alternative to the city, sitting on the confluence of the Nam La (La River) and Nam Phak (Phak River), surrounded by palm trees. Muang La hosts one of Laos' most admired Buddha Statues, the Pra Singkham Buddha.
Luang Prabang is described as the Jewel in Laos Crown. Surrounded by both the infamous Mekong and Nam Khan River, a lot of It offers a fascinating glimpse into Buddhist religious practice and traditional lifestyle of the various hill-tribe groups in this northern region of Laos. One of those small cities with atmospheric and charming personalities, Luang Prabang has topped the Top City category in Wanderlust's annual travel awards several times in recent years.