Tailor-made Luxury Holidays
Our Laos Expert
" I have travelled extensively in Laos. My fondest memory being a cruise up the Mekong to Huay Xai to travel further in the Golden Triangle in Thailand. "Contact Katie
My recent trip in Laos
These itineraries cover routes and places that are particularly popular with our guests and are designed to inspire. Every single trip we create is tailor-made and highly personalized to meet your specific requirements.
Luang Prabang is described as the Jewel in Laos Crown. Surrounded by both the infamous Mekong and Nam Khan River, a lot of It offers a fascinating glimpse into Buddhist religious practice and traditional lifestyle of the various hill-tribe groups in this northern region of Laos. One of those small cities with atmospheric and charming personalities, Luang Prabang has topped the Top City category in Wanderlust's annual travel awards several times in recent years.
Comparing it to other Asian big hubs we know, the capital of Laos, Vientiane resembles a small village rather than a busy crowded city. This just shows how charming and relatively undeveloped Laos is. In Vientiane, most of the sightseeing can be done by foot, bike or by hiring a Songthaew. Giving you a village vibe rather than busy city feeling gives you a lay back notion famous for it’s ‘Please slow down joke’. The city offers a great choice of accommodation, restaurants and pavement cafes adding a French air with their style of architecture which contrast pleasingly with the old Buddhist temple dotted around
Set in stunning natural surroundings, Vat Phou, the ancient Khmer temple complex, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site, is the main attraction in the area.
Muang La is 28km from Udomxai in the North of Laos. It offers a rural alternative to the city, sitting on the confluence of the Nam La (La River) and Nam Phak (Phak River), surrounded by palm trees. Muang La hosts one of Laos' most admired Buddha Statues, the Pra Singkham Buddha.
How to Explore Laos
Explore some of our highly recommended lodges within our Laos Collection.
- Explore all this beautiful country has to offer from its night markets, Poussi temple, life on the Mekong and local tribes.
- From £4,300 per person including internal flights and transfers.
- Luang Prabang, Muang La, Vientiane
Laos and Thailand Family Adventure
- Get up close to Elephants in sanctuaries, explore waterfalls by bicycle and zip line through the jungle.
- From £6,000 per person including internal flights and transfers.
- Chiang Mai, Muang La & Luang Prabang
- Acclimatise in spiritual Luang Prabang then take on the Buzz of a Vietnamese city, explore limestone islands and try street food from local vendors.
- 14 days from £6,500 per person including flights and transfers.
- Luang Prabang, Hanoi, Halong Bay, Nha Trang and Saigon
History & Culture Tour
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage sites of Luang Prabang & Siem Reap.
- 10 days from £3,500 per person including internal flights and transfers.
- Luang Prabang & Vientiane & Siem Reap
Mekong by Boat
- Float up the Mekong River up to the Northern border of Laos and cross into Thailand.
- 10 days from £3,000 per person including flights and transfers.
- Luang Prabang, Huay Xai, Chiang Rai & Chiang Mai
City & Beach
- Explore the temples, musems, markets and Beaches
- ....£ including internal flights and transfers.
- Vientiane, Bangkok & Koh Samui