Magical is the only way to describe this Giraffe haven.
Kevin 52 yrs, Detroit, Read 5 reviews »
- Giraffe Manor is a unique boutique hotel in the heart of Nairobi, famous for its resident herd of endangered Rothschild Giraffe.
- A baronial mansion in the leafy suburbs of Nairobi surrounded by a vast sanctuary for the endangered Giraffes.
- Built in 1932 Giraffe Manor was modelled to resemble a traditional Scottish hunting lodge.
Facilities includeWi-fi Luxurious Spa Manor House Bar Lounge With A View Air Conditioning
- Visit Kibera
- Helicopter Rides
- Feed the Giraffes
- Day Trip To Naivasha
- Luxurious Spa Treatments
- Visit The Elephant Orphanage
Seasons in Kenya
About Giraffe Manor
Located in 12 acres of private land and 180 acres of forest in Nairobi, Giraffe Manor offers guests the chance to see giraffe like never before. The herd of Rothschild giraffe will appear throughout the day, predominantly around meal times in the hope of being given a treat.
Giraffe Manor may accommodate up to 29 guests and consists of 12 luxurious rooms, each with their own differing characteristics and many, such as 'Edd' and 'Salma', being named after resident giraffe. The rooms blend well with the surrounding area and maintain an intimate and private atmosphere within the Manor. Part of your nightly rate will go towards the giraffe conservation efforts of the area.
Guests may go on guided walks in the giraffe sanctuary, visit the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust and meet elephant calves.
Set in 12 acres of private land within a further 14 acres of pristine sanctuary within Nairobi.
How to get there
Jomo Kenyatta International Airport is a 40 minute-90 minute drive depending on traffic. Nairobi Wilson Airport is closest to Giraffe Manor, by only a 20 minute drive away. Giraffe manor can provide one of their vehicles to come and meet you.
30 minute- 1.5 hours from Jomo Kenyatta and 20 minutes from Wilson airport, depending on traffic.
When to go
Long rains are from April-May, and the short rains in November. Giraffe Manor is closed in May.
Including transfers to activities
All means, all drinks including house wines
Travelling with children
Giraffe Manor welcomes children of any age.
Make an enquiry
Contact us for your truly bespoke itinerary
What happens next?
- One of our experts will reply to you within 12 hours.
- We will customise your requirements with the help of our true expert knowledge.
- We will create the best experience possible at a truly transparent price.