Tailor-made Luxury Holidays
Our Japan Expert
This captivating country has so much to offer, from stunning scenery right through to a fascinating culture. If you are looking for something different then look no further!Contact Katie
My recent trip in Japan
Why we love Japan
The latest insight from our time spent exploring Japan.
Contrast & Culture
Japan is a place of high contrast. People associate it with bright lights, bullet trains and state of the art technology but when combining this with their deep-rooted traditions, it becomes even more of an intriguing and unique place. Embark on a journey with us that will take you through the diverse parts of this fascinating country.
Japan is an extremely varied country with not only busy and vibrant cities, but it is also two-thirds mountainous. Enjoy the hustle and bustle of a Japanese city before moving on into the mountainous regions with beautiful hiking trails and hot springs in the summer. These magnificent scapes then transform into incredible ski resorts, such as Niseko and Furano. True Luxury Travel will help you blend these contrasting elements in order for you to experience as much of this captivating country as possible.
Cherry Blossom or Autumnal Leaves
Most travel to Japan to catch glimpses of the Cherry Blossom in early April and Autumnal leaves in October. The cherry blossom (or sakura) "front" sweeps along the length of the country each year, beginning with Okinawa in the far south in February and finishing on the northern island of Hokkaido in May. Our specialists will advise you on the best routing to see this gift of nature.
Best Asian Ski Slopes
Visit the north island of Hokkaido in the Winter to expereince the magnificent mountain scapes transform into incredible ski slopes, such as Niseko and Furano, all of which are extremely popular with those keen on sport, who are seeking the thrills of the phenomenal powder that Japan has to offer. The main island Honshu also offers great skiing in resorts such as Shiga Kogen and Hakuba, these areas are both great for on-piste skiing and snowboarding for beginners.
Whatever experience you are looking for, our experts are ready to help…
How to Explore Japan
These itineraries cover routes and places that are particularly popular with our guests and are designed to inspire. Every single trip we create is tailor-made and highly personalised to meet your specific requirements.
Powder Skiing and Cities
- Visit Hokkaido’s unspoiled nature, enjoy powder snow in winter and cycling in the summer, fly on to visit Kyoto and end in Tokyo.
- From £8,000 per person for 12 nights to include 6 day ski pass, ski hire, accommodation on a half board basis including international flights.
- Hokkaido, Tokyo and Kyoto
Highlights of Japan
- Take a glimpse into the bustling metropolis of Tokyo, head to Hakone and enjoy traditional hospitality alongside hot spring baths. You will finish in the romantic cultural haven of Kyoto.
- From £4,950 per person for 7 nights including transfers, accommodation and private guiding.
- Tokyo, Kyoto and Hakone
A Different View Of Japan
- Take a glimpse into contemporary Tokyo. Stay immersed in nature at a traditional Japanese Inn within Takayama. Appreciate the heritage of Kanazawa and then explore the remote and lesser known island of Shikoku.
- From £7,700 per person for 10 nights including transfers, accommodation and private guiding.
- Tokyo, Takayama, Kanazawa, Kurashiki, Shikoku and Tokyo
The Back Of Japan
- Experience the fast-paced life in Tokyo before heading to Sado Island where the culture can be seen in its unique traditional arts and entertainment. Explore the heritage of Kanazawa and rural Takayama, visit Kyoto’s countless temples and shrines.
- From £8,800 per person for 13 nights including transfers, accommodation and private guiding.
- Tokyo, Sado Isaland, Kanazawa, Takayama and Kyoto
True Insight Into Japan
- Gain in-depth experiences of Japan and its dramatic contrasts. Packed with bustling cities, rich culture and traditional delicious cuisine, this itinerary will take you on a journey from the futuristic Tokyo through to charming Kyoto.
- From £5,000 per person for 10 nights
- Tokyo, Hakone, Takayama, Kanazawa, Hiroshima and Kyoto
Japan by Aman
- Travel to the top of the Otemachi Tower for your Aman Spa experience in Tokyo. Once fully rejuvenated, travel by train to the Shima National Park on the rolling shores of Ago Bay and embrace the ancient Japanese bathing tradition among serene natural settings.
- From £8,400 per person for 8 nights including accommodation, transfers and private guiding
- Tokyo and Shima National Park
Tokyo is a fascinating city and hub for a vast array of different cultures, so much so that it can appear to be made up of a variety of different cities. With an immense amount of things to do, such as visiting traditional shops, sampling local cuisine and venturing around historical Japanese gardens, there will never be a dull moment in Tokyo.
Situated on the island of Honshu and once the capital of Japan, Kyoto is a city where you can explore serene Temples, peaceful gardens and remnants of a glorious past alongside fascinating craftsmanship.
Hakone and Mount Fuji
Aside from the spectacular scenery, Hakone is host to several world-class museums, traditional inns and Ashino-ko which is the lake of the area. This makes Hakone an idyllic and blissful place to visit after Tokyo.
Hokkaido - Niseko
This is the second largest of Japan’s four main islands and is situated towards the north of the country. Hokkaido has a vast amount of wildlife and scenery on offer, ranging from rivers, rolling hills and nature reserves. Hokkaido is home to world class ski resorts including Niseko.
Hiroshima and Miyajima
Hiroshima is known for being the place where the first atomic bomb was dropped. The city is certainly worth a day trip. Stay on the romantic island of Miyajima, most famous for its giant torii gate, which at high tide seems to float on the water. The site is ranked as one of Japan's three best views.
Where To Stay in Japan
Explore some of our highly recommended lodges within our Japan Collection.