We loved the bungalow. warm and tasteful. Immaculately clean and well furnished. It was nice to be 'away from it all' with gorgeous views of the mountains. You need to walk (or drive) up the main building to dine but there are phones for reception.
Jane J 42 yrs, Grimsborgir, Read 0 reviews »
- Situated within the famous Golden Circle tourist route and surrounded by Icelandic landscape
- Located on the river Sog, Icelands largest freshwater river in terms of water volume - perfect for fishing.
- Each room has a terrace enabling you to soak up the amazing surroundings in privacy. Ideal for when the Northern Lights appear.
Facilities includeWIFI Room Service Restaurant Bar
- Horse Riding
- Buggy Riding
- Superjeep Tour
- Whale Watching
- Husky Sledding
- Glacier Lagoon Visit
- Northern Lights Tour
Seasons in Iceland
About Hotel Grimsborgir
Hotel Grimsborgir has the perfect location for sightseeing, being situated within the famous golden circle tourist route. Just a stones throw from the River Sog, Icelands largest freshwater river famous for fishing Arctic Char, Atlantic Salmon and Brown Trout, Hotel Grimsborgir provides the perfect retreat for those looking for the fishing adventure of a lifetime.
All accommodation is perfectly adapted to enable guests to soak up the beauty of the Icelandic surroundings, with each residence containing a terrace and outdoor hot tub. Choose to stay in one of the spacious apartments or superior rooms, complete with kitchen, dining room and fireplace.
Hotel Grimsbogir is located in South Iceland in Grimsnes, within the famous Golden Circle tourist route.
How to get there
Hotel Grimsborgir is located just a 45 minute drive from the capital Reykjavik, and a 1hr30 minute drive from the international airport in Keflavik.
When to go
Weather in Iceland is often completely unpredictable. In summer there is a fair chance of bright and sunny days with temperatures reaching up to 17 degrees celcius. Winter weather in Iceland can be a frosty and dark affair with temperatures fluctuating around freezing point. Northern lights can be seen between September and January, with nights being light from mid May to early August, the sun never fully setting in June.
Its important to pack for any eventuality, preparing for wind and rain and bringing plenty of layers and suncream!
Travelling with children
Hotel Grimsborgir welcomes children.
Make an enquiry
Contact us for your truly bespoke itinerary
What happens next?
- One of our experts will reply to you within 12 hours.
- We will customise your requirements with the help of our true expert knowledge.
- We will create the best experience possible at a truly transparent price.