Tailor-made Luxury Holidays
Our Namibia Honeymoon Expert
Namibia is a photographers Valhalla due to is scenery, people and wildlife. Honeymooners will be blown away by the countries unique qualities.Contact Peter
My recent trip in Namibia
Why is Namibia so good for honeymooners?
Advice from our Africa experts on choosing the right honeymoon destination
Hidden Romantic Luxury
Hidden away amidst the vast unsullied stretches of desert landscape, some of the world' s most luxurious and romantic lodges take advantage of unique privacy and exclusivity that Namibia has to offer. Far away from the crowds, these unspoiled destinations allow couples on safari to spend time together discovering flawless, vast wilderness. For those lucky honeymooners who visit Namibia, a private early morning balloon flights over the golden dunes of Sossusvlei ending in a champagne breakfast a stone's throw from your luxury lodge is the perfect culmination to any honeymoon.
Landscape & Variety
What sets Namibia's apart from other honeymoon destinations and also serves as one of it’s greatest attraction for a romantic getaway is the fascinating “Moon-like” nature of it’s unique and remote desert landscapes. From the perfectly flat salt pans of Etosha National Park to the slowly moving “Sea of Sand” in Sossusvlei. Namibia is a country which offers a rare glimpse into a landscape that has remained unchanged for an Age, romantic on all levels and no better place to enjoy your honeymoon.
The Skeleton Coast
Namibia is home to one of the world’s most jaw-droppingly beautiful landscapes. The Skeleton Coast National Park stretches almost the entire length of the country and is so named for the abandoned shipwrecks that litter it’s entire length. Nowhere else in the world will you find such contrasting topography, where deserts fall into the Ocean, separated by pristine golden beaches. A stroll together through this remote corner of the world is a memory to cherish.
Namibia is not considered a traditional big game safari destination but is instead home to some of Africa's rarest wildlife. Track desert-adapted elephants living amongst the sand dunes of the Namib and desert adapted Lions surviving in one of the driest regions of the world. Finding these animals on the unblemished wilderness that they live in, is a safari experience like no other and far removed from the crowds of family travel. The perfect safari honeymoon destination.
Suggested itineraries for your Namibian honeymoon
An outline of our favourite options
Ultimate Namibian Honeymoon
- Spend seven days exploring Sossusvlei, which is one of the most dramatic and beautiful landscapes in the world and then take to the skies and explore the skeleton coast from the air.
- From approximately £9,000 pp inc. flights and transfers, based on sharing for 9 nights. Fully inclusive on safari all meals, drinks, safari activities and regional flights.
- 4 x Nights in the Sossusvlei Desert Lodge followed by 3 x Nights flying with the Schoeman family Skeleton Coast Safaris
Adventurous Namibia and Falls
- A long and exciting 4x4 trip exploring Sossusvlei, Swakopmund, Skeleton Coast, Damaraland, Etosha, Okonjuma and Victoria Falls
- From approximately £6,200 pp inc. flights and transfers, based on sharing for 19 nights. Fully inclusive on safari all meals, drinks, safari activities and flights.
- 1 x Night Galton House, 2 x Nights Desert Homestead Outpost, 3 x Nights Cornerstone Apartments, 3 x Nights Shipwreck Lodge, 2 x Nights Mowani Mountain Camp, 2 x Nights Ongava Tented Camp, 2 x Nights Okonjima Bush Suite and 3 x Nights Tongabezi
- Explore the most remote and beautiful parts of the country. See some of the deserts adapted wildlife, some diverse landscapes and meet some incredible local cultures.
- From approximately £11,500 pp inc. flights and transfers, based on sharing for 10 nights. Fully inclusive on safari all meals, drinks, safari activities and regional flights.
- 2 x Desert Rhino Camp followed by 3 x Nights Hoanib Valley Camp, 2 x Nights in Shipwreck Lodge and finishing with 3 x Nights Ongava Lodge
Namibia's honeymoon highlights
Showcasing the diversity of Namibia
Sossusvlei's Red Dunes
A UNESCO world heritage site and home to some of the world's biggest sand dunes this “Sea of Sand” is a worldwide attraction and unmissable.
The Caprivi Strip
The forgotten corner of Namibia and home to fantastic wildlife, this rarely visited region is perfect for those looking to get off the beaten track.
One of the only places in the world to find desert-adapted elephants and lions. This area offers an insight into true pristine wilderness
Etosha National Park
Home to most of Namibia's wildlife, Etosha has incredible diversity year round with lush green grass in the wet season which turns into a desert in the dry season.