Tailor-made Luxury Holidays
Our Botswana Honeymoon Expert
Botswana's luxury lodges offer a truly remote experience for the ultimate romantic honeymoon surrounded by some of the greatest wildlife on Earth!Contact Peter
My recent trip in Botswana
Why Botswana for your Honeymoon?
Insights from the True Luxury Travel team
Botswana, Africa's Safari Jewel
Botswana is regarded by many to be the premier safari destination in Southern Africa. Few countries offer visitors the variety and exclusivity that can be found across the different locations within this jewel of the Kalahari. For anyone thinking about Botswana for their African safari, the opportunities it represents for a breathtaking safari are vast. For honeymooners, the classic elements of spectacular scenery, world-class game viewing, expert guiding and both luxurious and wonderfully authentic accommodation combine to make this an ultimately romantic choice.
Remote, Vast and Exclusive
Botswana is best enjoyed when staying at one or a combination of the small, high quality lodges in the remote locations across the northern regions of the country. Those small lodges, with their high levels of service, attention to detail and privacy of safari experience are at the very top of their game and, as long as you listen to the advice offered by your experienced consultant at True Luxury Trave, you will be able to choose the right locations and lodges for your interests and the best time of year to travel.
One of the most notable features of Botswana is the size of the private safari concessions in the north of the country. It’s not uncommon to talk about an area in the hundreds of thousands of acres, it is just that vast. In an area the size of some small countries you may find there are only a handful of safari vehicles out at any one time. So the dreaded traffic jams around wildlife sightings, sadly common in some areas of Africa, are non-existent here. This is great for honeymooners looking for that feeling of truly being in wild Africa, far away from smartphones and disruption of other tourists.
Variety and Flexibility
An added benefit of Botswana for any visitor, but again something which really appeals to honeymooners, is the varied activity options. Game drives in the day and night, walking safaris, mokoro (dugout canoe) trips, boat safaris, fishing, horse riding safaris, helicopter flights and authentic cultural experiences are just some of a number of options to choose from. This is not a destination to be stuck in a vehicle, but again, choosing the right location and set of activities for you can be difficult. The experience of the True Luxury Travel team means you are best placed to make the right decision on location and length of stay to make the most of a Botswana safari.
Seasonality is key in Botswana and this is where the help of your consultant really comes to the fore. Two very distinct seasons - a wet and a dry - combine with an unusual set of geographical features meaning that an experience at one time of year can be altogether different to that a matter of months later. It is very easy to get Botswana wrong, to be sent to an area where you are limited in the activities and restricted in your game viewing due to certain climatic and geographical features.
Ultimately, Botswana is one of those countries which really stirs the safari soul: the Okavango Delta, Linyanti Floodplains, Savuti Marsh, Chobe River, Makgadikgadi Salt Pans and the Kalahari Desert are just some of a wide variety of unique destinations offering unforgettable experiences.
Suggested Itineraries for your Botswana Honeymoon
Possibilities for exploring Botswana and neighbouring areas
Cape Town, the Okavango and Victoria Falls
- Experience Victoria Falls, the Okavango Delta & Cape Town throughout 3 Southern African countries at any time of the year.
- From £2,750 per person, based on two sharing for a 10 day holiday across southern Africa. Fully inclusive on safari, all meals, drinks, safari activities and domestic bush flights included. Bed & Breakfast in Cape Town and Victoria Falls.
- Cape Town - Camps Bay, Okavango - Chief's Island and the Upper Zambezi - Victoria Falls
Romantic Botswana at It's Best
- Combine the wildlife rich areas of the Linyanti Marsh and the water wonderland of the Okavango before heading down to the Makgadikgadi Pans for some Old School Style!
- From £8,000 per person, based on two sharing for 12 nights. Fully inclusive on safari all meals, drinks, safari activities and regional flights.
- Zarafa Camp, Xudum Delta Lodge and Jack's Camp
Big Game Safari, Victoria Falls and White Sand Mozambique
- Botswana is the most romantic safari destination in Africa. Victoria Falls is a show stopper. Are Mozambican beaches the best in the world?
- From approximately £10,500 pp inc. flights and transfers, based on two sharing for 12 nights. Fully inclusive on safari all meals, drinks, safari activities and regional flights.
- Little Vumbura, Tongabezi followed by Azura Benguerra
The Varied Highlights of Botswana
A country of astounding diversity
The iconic safari destination of Botswana. A game-rich watery labyrinth, one of Earth's true treasures.
The Linyanti & Selinda
Seasonal waterways and floodplains to the north-east of the Okavango, an area of huge elephant and buffalo herds along with incredible predator interaction.
Legendary for the volume and variety of predators and home to massive bull elephants, be prepared for some extreme wildlife sightings
Chobe National Park
The most visited area of Botswana, easily accessed from Zambia and Zimbabwe as well as the international airport at Kasane
Makgadikgadi Salt Pans
A truly unique environment, home to giant baobabs, meerkats and Kalahari lions. An area focused around a salt pan the size of Switzerland.