Tailor-made Luxury Holidays
Our Botswana Group Expert
Botswana is a fantastic place to enjoy a group holiday. On safari, look out for incredible wildlife along with a wide variety of exciting activities.Contact Peter
My recent trip in Botswana
Why is Botswana for a group holiday?
Advice from our Africa experts on choosing the right destination for a group
Botswana, Africa's Safari Jewel
Botswana offers safari enthusiasts an experience of a life-time. If you are fortunate to be able to share that experience with a family group, or group of friends then the shared experience really can be unforgetable.
The country covers an area the size of France, is home to only 2 million people and amongst its protected areas is the continents largest reserve: the Central Kalahari Game Reserve. This is an astonishing destination of beautiful landscapes, true wilderness, unrivalled wildlife experiences and lodges offering a wide variety of style and set-up.
What's particularly worth noting about Botswana is the size of the high quality properties. Due to strict tourism and conservation laws the sizes are kept small, often a maximum of 10 rooms, more often smaller than this. This represents the opportunity for full camp take-overs or buy-outs. The exclusivity this offers a group makes all manner of tailored experiences possible.
When you have a lodge or safari camp and a vast area all to yourselves, it really does become a playground. So if you are interested in bush banquets under the stars, picnics and swimming spots under the shade of acacias. Fishing competitions in the Okavango, quad-biking expeditions, Kalahari bushmen hunting experiences, or happy to just revel in the glut of wildlife offered in Botswana.
Thinking beyond a permanent lodge, the opportunity to get totally off-grid in a luxury mobile safari experience is about as exclusive as it gets. A tented camp built just for you is a special experience and certainly something to consider depending on your interests.
Our recommendation, when planning something like this do your research, don't leap into something but give one of our Botswana specialists a call so they can impart their knowledge and understanding of this unique destination to ensure they tailor an unforgettable trip to your brief.
Suggested itineraries for your family safari
An outline of our favourite combinations
A cultural and wildlife spectacular
- Experience a luxury mobile safari camp in Botswana's remote area. Locations are unique and based around the group and the experience you are looking for. Give us a brief and we will create a unique experience.
- Cost depends on the exact inclusions, but a budget of approximately $800 per person per night on an all inclusive basis is a good ball-park to work around.
- Barclay Stenner Mobile Safaris (Western Kalahari and Okavango Delta)
Botswana's highlights for a group safari
- Families and Groups have the ability to enjoy an exclusive experience with an expert team in this phenomenal safari destination
- Prices for groups are always negotiable, but a good ballpark for a group looking to experience the best of Botswana should budget approximately $1,000 per person
- Mapula Lodge, Camp Kalahari, Gomoti Plains
Exclusive Botswana luxury for a large family
- An itinerary which encompasses the best of the best across Botswana's most iconic safari areas and at the most exclusive and luxurious lodges
- An experience of this standard does not come cheap, budget around $15,000 per person for a 9 night safari at the best Botswana has to offer
- Little Mombo, San Camp and Selinda
Botswanas safari highlights
Showcasing the diversity of Botswana's varied landscapes
Makgadikgadi Salt Pans
The Makgadikgadi is a unique environment. From season to season this area offers visitors a totally different safari experience. For groups the variety of activities here works perfectly in contrast and combination with the Okavango. Quad-biking, horse-riding, walking safaris with San bushmen, sleep-out experiences and much more.
For groups the Western Kalahari offers an incredible cultural experience with the Bushmen of the Kalahari. Enjoy the opportunity to gain an in depth understanding of this unique culture, join the best trackers on Earth on a hunt and witness the powerful healing beliefs of this community through the otherwordly 'trance dance'.
Kalahari Game Reserve
An incredible and vast landscape, full of unique wildlife and desert adapted species. This is the home of the black-maned Kalahari Lions, the largest lions in Africa - their roar cuts the Kalahari night like a cleaver, silencing the other noises of the night!
Savute & Linyanti
A wild mix of wildlife in an incredibly diverse range of habitat. WIld dogs hunt through the mopane forest, the lagoons are full of hippo. Huge populations of elephant make their presence felt and a visit here is categorised by unexpected and highlight wildlife encounters at every turn.