Tailor-made Luxury Holidays
Our Finland Expert
Even the Grinch would succumb to the magic of Finnish Lapland at Christmas. Listen to local anecdotes and folklore over a warm cup of lingonberry tea after days out exploring by husky sled or reindeer sleigh.Contact Molly
My recent trip in Finland
Why we love Finland
Land of 1,000 Lakes
Smack bang in the heart of Finland lies the largest lake district in Europe. Surrounded by forests it is quite a remarkable network of bodies of water – 188,000 to be precise. Switch off and spend time in a space that inspired some of Finland’s most celebrated artists.
There is no doubt of Father Christmas’s existence in Finland, he is undoubtedly the country’s most famous resident. Visit his grotto after attending elf school and making gingerbread with Mrs Claus. If you have been very good he may even have a small pre-Christmas gift.
Snow and Ice
Finns love a sauna, most will have a personal one at home but the country is littered with public ones too. You will be grateful for this after days out in the cold on the back of a husky sled or waiting to catch a perch in an ice hole.
With much of the North of the country falling into the Arctic Circle this is a great place to wrap up warm round a fire and wait for the Northern Lights. Or, conveniently, many hotels have employed a full time Northerns Light warden who will sound the alarm should the sky light up.
Whatever experience you are looking for, our experts are ready to help…
How to Explore Finland
Finding Father Christmas
- Spend time with his elves exploring the outdoors by husky, reindeer sleigh or fishing for tea before meeting the big man himself.
- From £3,250 per person for a long weekend, thermal clothes, accomdation on a half board basis and all excursions
- Finnish Lapland
Searching for Northern Lights
- With Autumn comes the unpredictable Northern Lights show. Cross all your fingers and pray for a clear sky to best experience the phenomenon.
- From £2,800 per person for a weekend including accomodation on a half board basis and northern lights excursions
- Finnish Lapland
Finland in a Nutshell
- Explore the capital before hopping on a domestic flight north to take in the snowy wilderness of the Arctic circle.
- From £2,560 per person for two nights in Helsinki and three in Lapland on a half board basis and excursions
- Helsinki and Finnish Lapland
Highlights in Finland
Holidays around Lapland
From Finnish Lapland you can encounter absolutely all sorts not least Rudolph, elves and Father Christmas himself. Learn how the locals survive the harsh winter environments with some wilderness skills and try and stay awake after a feast of local delicacies in case the Northern Lights appear.
Holidays around Helsinki
Finlands colourful waterside capital is a pocket sized Nordic city easily explored on foot. The city is bursting with architecture, culture and design but it is not far from large parks, forests and lakes. The sauna culture extends to the capital with neighbourhood saunas and a recent burst of new design saunas. In winter drink coffee as school children ice skate over the frozen sea to school.