Tailor-made Luxury Holidays
Our Kenya Family Expert
Kenya is a fantastic place to enjoy a family safari. On safari, one will see great wildlife and views along with a wide variety of exciting activities.Contact Georgie
My recent trip in Kenya
Why is Kenya for your family?
Advice from our Africa experts on choosing the right destination for your family
As the “Home of Safari,” Kenya has always been one of the premier family safari destinations and has been the first taste of safari for many over the years. With lodges and activities specifically designed with families in mind allow you and your family to experience safari like nowhere else.
Only 8 hours flying time and wIth two direct flights daily, Kenya is the most accessible safari destination in Africa. A well-developed network of roads and safari airlines ensure that once there you can quickly and easily make your way from the mountain plateau of Mount Kenya to the rolling plains of the Masai Mara.
When travelling with children on safari easily being able to see wildlife is vital and in this regard, Kenya is one of the very best in Africa. The teeming Elephants herds of Samburu National Park and the Wildebeest that flood the Masai Mara on their yearly migration are sure to keep people of all ages enthralled.
White Sand Beaches
Long white sand beaches stretch from Lamu Island in the north to the famous Diani Beach in the south and make for the perfect place to end a safari. With warm Indian Ocean waters, this is a year-round destination in itself. For those looking to do more than lounge in the sun, the Kenyan Coast is also home to a vast array of watersports and sensational Kite Surfing.
Suggested itineraries for your family safari
An outline of our favourite combinations
Classic Family Holiday In Kenya
- This itinerary includes two properties. One exclusive use house in the Mara North Private Concession and one family owned intimate beach hideaway.
- From approximately £6000 pp inc. flights and transfers, based on two sharing for 8 nights. Fully inclusive on safari all meals, drinks, safari activities and regional flights.
- 4 x Nights at the Mara Bush Houses followed by 4 x Nights at Kinondo Kwetu in the Diani area.
Warriors, Rhinos and White Sand
- This combination of Saruni camps gives families a decent insight into Kenya and all that it offers. Families will spend time in the dramatic Samburu landscapes, then visit the Kalama Conservancy in the north where families can track rhino on foot before heading into the Maasai Mara. You will finish your holiday on the beach in Watamu.
- From approximately £8,600 pp inc. flights and transfers, based on two sharing for 14 nights. Fully inclusive on safari all meals, drinks, safari activities and regional flights.
- 3 x Nights Saruniu Samburu, 3 Nights Saruni Rhino, 3 x Nights Saruni Mara, 5 x Nights Medina Palms
Offbeat Family Riding Safari
- What could be better for an active family to go on a proper riding safari across the Maasai Mara? You'll be camping under the stars in total luxury and then riding alongside the game of the famous Mara during the day. This is one of the most exciting ways of encountering wildlife.
- From approximately £6,800 pp inc. flights and transfers, based on two sharing for 7 nights. Fully inclusive on safari all meals, drinks, safari activities and regional flights.
- 2 x Nights Olare Lamun Camp, 2 x Nights Olare Orok Camp, 1 x Nights Escarpment Camp, 2 x Nights Mara River Camp. All of which are Offbeat Mobile camps.
Kenya's safari highlights
Showcasing the diversity of Kenya
The Masai Mara
Vast plains of rolling grassland with huge herds of wildlife and only an hours flight from Nairobi the Masai Mara is the ultimate family destination.
Private wildlife conservancies allow a rare chance to walk, ride and adventure through pristine wilderness. Perfect for those who want to experience Africa from a different perspective.
Long white sand beaches, shallow calm waters, and pristine marine parks make this the perfect place for families with something for everyone.
Aside from its vast herds of elephants and jaw-dropping landscapes Samburu also offers a rare chance to interact with local tribes and teach the younger generation about this very different lifestyle.