Tailor-made Luxury Holidays
Our Couples Expert
Couples can create great holidays as each individual has their own ideas. Combining the two together mean a variety of ideas compiling an amazing holiday.Contact Peter
My recent trip in Couples
Tanzania’s most famous safari destinations, vast areas of open savannah and dramatic natural phenomena; teeming with wildlife and dominated by big African skies. This is such a huge tract of land with a wide offering of accommodation types and safari styles. There truly is something for everyone across the northern safari destinations, matching the expectations you have for your safari with the best lodges and guides on the ground is where the team of specialist at True Luxury Travel come in. The Serengeti National Park is most famous for the Great Migration. This annual cycle of two million animals covers vast distances in search of fresh grazing, although unpredictable in its very nature, the cycle does follow a pattern and at any time of the year it is possible to enjoy an unparalleled migration safari. As the herds move on the resident wildlife stays behind, this is where the depth of the Serengeti comes into its own, blessed by wonderful wildlife throughout the year, we often recommend visitors experience a quieter corner, away from the big herds, take the opportunity to slow down on safari and soak in the atmosphere of this very special part of Africa.
One of Africa’s most iconic safari areas. A phenomenon of nature where the Okavango River runs out, not to the sea but into the heart of the Kalahari Desert. Floodwaters arrive all the way from the Angolan Highlands in about June and water levels in the Delta can rise by up to three feet in a matter of days. A truly beautiful landscape with a jaw-dropping variety and volume of wildlife.
Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
The crashing deluge of the mighty Zambezi as it spectacularly plunges over the Victoria Falls is one of Africa’s most awe-inspiring and iconic sights. We think that the Falls are best seen from the Zimbabwean side and when you’re standing close to the world’s greatest mass of falling water and enjoying the sight of double rainbows, you won’t feel short-changed. The clearest views are from July to March when the spray isn’t as thick and you can meander through stunning rainforest on to 16 viewpoints along the gorge-edge, including one above the thundering Devil’s Cataract (named by missionaries who witnessed tribes sacrificing beasts to the rainbow god). Known by its African name, Mosi-ay-Tunya (the smoke that thunders), the Falls are now linked by dozens of daily flights and holds a reputation for being the adrenaline centre of Africa with bungee jumping, white water rafting and helicopter flights that drop right into the gorge.
Sri Lanka Tea Plantations and the Hill Country
Sri Lanka is the 4th largest producer of tea worldwide and the tea drinking culture on the island remains strong. The abundant rainfall combined with Sri Lanka's year round sunshine offer the perfect climate for producing world famous tea. No trip to Sri Lanka would be complete without a visit to any number of the historic tea plantations that are distributed throughout the island, however some of the most dramatic are located around Kandy and central Sri Lanka. If you are considering some time here, the train journey from Kandy to Hatton through the Hill Country cannot be missed! This journey is without doubt one of the most picturesque rail journeys in the world.
The bay is famous for its scenic ocean karst topography and is often included in lists of natural wonders of the world.
Jodhpur was once the most important town of Marwar, the largest princely state in Rajputana, and now has a population of around one million people. It is found on the eastern edge of the Thar Desert and cowers below the mighty Mehrangarh Fort, the most spectacular citadel in Rajasthan. Where Jaipur is known as the Pink city, Jodhpur is known as the Blue city after the colour of its old town houses. The bazaars of the old city, with different areas assigned to different trades, radiate out from the 1910 Sardar Market with its tall clock tower marking the centre of town. Get lost in the blue maze of the old city where you’ll stumble across Muslim tie-dyers, puppet-makers and traditional spice markets. Jodhpur’s famed cubic roofscape, best viewed at sunset, is a photographer’s dream.
How to Explore Couples Locations
These itineraries cover routes and places that are particularly popular with our guests and are designed to inspire. Every single trip we create is tailor-made and highly personalised to meet your specific requirements.
Cape Town, Okavango & Victoria Falls
- Experience Victoria Falls, the Okavango Delta & Cape Town throughout 3 Southern African countries at any time of the year.
- From £2,750 per person, based on two sharing for a 10 day holiday across southern Africa. Fully inclusive on safari, all meals, drinks, safari activities and domestic bush flights included. Bed & Breakfast in Cape Town and Victoria Falls.
- Cape Town - Camps Bay, Okavango - Chief's Island and the Upper Zambezi - Victoria Falls
Boats, Beaches & Historic Islands
- Sail through Halong Bay, relax on the central coast and end on a remote beach.
- From £5,000 for 14 days including domestic flights and accommodation.
- Halong Bay, Nha Trang and Con Son Island
Ngorongoro & Serengeti
- Experience the true highlights of Tanzania's northern circuit. In just seven nights enjoy incredible guiding, unforgettable wildlife experiences and world class accommodation.
- 7 nights of 5* safari, fully inclusive accommodation safari activities and domestic flights from £4,600 per person based on two sharing in mid-season.
- Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater, Serengeti National Park
3 Camp Circuit
- Understand why Zimbabwean guides are considered the best in Africa. Game drive, walk and paddle through Zimbabwe's iconic national parks and experience the thrill of Victoria Falls
- 10 nights of safari in luxury lodges and quality bush camps, fully inclusive accommodation, includes safari activities and domestic flights from £4,250 per person based on two sharing.
- Victoria Falls, Matusadona, Lake Kariba and Mana Pools National Park
Sri Lankan Adventure
- This magnificent country offers romantic settings throughout. Explore Sigiriya, the Rock Fortress and the remnants of a ruined palace. Travel by train and amble through tea estates, ending on Sri Lanka's Southern Beaches.
- A 10-night stay, private guiding/driver throughout, staying in 5* accommodation throughout from £4,400 per person.
- Hatton, Sigiriya and Tangalle
- Cruise the serene backwaters of Kerala on a private houseboat, explore the colonial fishing town of Cochin and witness the rich tea hills in Munnar.
- A 10-night stay, private guiding/driver throughout, staying in 5* accommodation throughout from £4,600 per person.
- Cochin, Alleppey, Munnar, Periyar National Park and Marari
Where To Stay for a Couples holiday
Explore some of our highly recommended lodges within our Couples collection.
What Our Clients Say
Start planning your trip
How we create your itinerary
1 Whatever planning stage you are at, contact us and tell us about your trip
2 We will then create a bespoke itinerary based on your specific requirements
3 We will then refine your itinerary until you are bursting with excitement about it
4 Travel with us safe in the knowledge you are fully supported and financially protected
Actual Expert Knowledge arrow_drop_down
Every one of our team has a huge passion for travel and spend at least six weeks each year visiting our lodges, meeting new managers and guides, ensuring our high standards are met and maintained.
Transparent Pricing arrow_drop_down
Unlike other tour operators, we do not charge you a premium for our services and as such, our prices are often better than booking direct because we can negotiate deals with our long standing relationships.
TOTAL Support arrow_drop_down
Our operations team are on call 24 hours a day to support you while you are travelling and to ensure that if something does go wrong, you are never left in the lurch. We are here to help so you can relax throughout your holiday.
Blank Paper Bespoke arrow_drop_down
We do not have any 'off the shelf itineraries'. Instead, we begin your booking with a blank piece of paper, to ensure that we only propose lodges that will fit your specific requirements and guides who will suit your personality.
Unrivalled Guide Network arrow_drop_down
We are proud of our unrivalled network of guides on the ground who will turn your trips from a memorable one into a spectacular experience.
Hand Picked Lodges arrow_drop_down
Every single lodge that we propose to you has been recently visited by one of our team and meets the high standards that we set. Surprisingly, this is a rarity within the industry.
100% Financial Protection arrow_drop_down
We are a certified member of the Travel Trust Association (Q1588a), guaranteeing you 100% financial protection for every aspect of your trip.
Safety First arrow_drop_down
We have a team dedicated to producing safety intelligence in every country that we represent as a destination, so that you can travel with total peace of mind.