Tailor-made Luxury Holidays
Our Botswana Expert
Botswana is the ultimate safari destination. Low visitor numbers, high volume of wildlife and the huge variety of habitat. It really is safari at its most exclusiveContact Peter
My recent trip in Botswana
One of Africa’s most iconic safari areas. A phenomenon of nature where the Okavango River runs out, not to the sea but into the heart of the Kalahari Desert. Floodwaters arrive all the way from the Angolan Highlands in about June and water levels in the Delta can rise by up to three feet in a matter of days. A truly beautiful landscape with a jaw-dropping variety and volume of wildlife make for an incredibly special luxury Botswana safari experience.
A fascinating and truly seasonal destination. Bring the rains in November and the pans team with life as tens of thousand zebra and wildebeest move across the Makgadikgadi for the rich grazing. This is a land of meerkats, brown hyena, air so clear in winter you can see the curvature of the earth and marvel at stars sitting horizon to horizon – you’ll lose count of shooting stars over an evening. A land of vast horizons, untold space, remote and wild – unlike anywhere else and the perfect complement to the game rich north. Add desert adapted wildlife, incredible bushman culture and walking guides, quad-biking safaris, migratory bull elephants and Africa’s most impressive big cats – the black-maned Kalahari lions.
Chobe National Park
A vast area of interlinked wilderness corridors, protected migratory routes for huge herds of elephant. This is a land of floodplains littered by buffalo, acacia islands providing shade for the infamous Linyanti lions. The Savuti is home to more predators than any other part of wild Africa. These areas are also home to some of the most luxurious safari lodges and best guiding teams in Africa.
Moremi Game Reserve
Moremi Game Reserve is situated in the central and eastern areas of the Okavango, and includes the Moremi Tongue and chief’s island, boasting one of the richest and most diverse ecosystems on the continent. Undoubtedly, Moremi ranks as one of the most beautiful reserves in Africa, possibly in the world.
The Kalahari Desert is a large semi-arid sandy savanna in southern Africa extending 900,000 square kilometres, covering much of Botswana, parts of Namibia, and regions of South Africa. Despite being named a desert, it receives a lot of rainfall - between 5 and 10 inches annually. As a result, these dunes are covered with a relative abundance of vegetation attracting a large variety of wildlife, from black-maned lions to spotted hyenas. But this is undoubtedly a land painted by the deep reds and bone yellows of a desert. Combine the picturesque orange sands with the black velvet skies studded with infinite stars, and the Kalahari Desert will truly make you feel like you have arrived in Africa. At 52,000 square kilometres, the Central Kalahari Game Reserve is one of Africa’s largest protected areas. It is a very seasonal destination which comes to life over the changing seasons. Late in the rains the valleys are full of long rich grasslands and there’s perhaps nowhere better to Africa’s predators on the prowl. With so few lodges the choice of places to stay could appear limiting, but when you consider the excellent mobile safari operators, the options for international visitors are first class.
How to Explore Botswana
These itineraries cover routes and places that are particularly popular with our guests and are designed to inspire. Every single trip we create is tailor-made and highly personalised to meet your specific requirements.
Highlights of Southern Africa
- Experience South Africa with some of the best guides in Africa, whilst enjoying incredible wildlife, diverse activities & Spectacular Scenery.
- From £4,700 per person, based on two sharing for 12 nights. Fully inclusive on safari all meals, drinks, safari activities and regional flights.
- Kruger National Park, Victoria Falls, Okavango and Cape Town
Deep Delta Explorer
- Immerse yourself in the Okavango Delta exploring 4 locations from West to East, experiencing unforgettable wildlife encounters throughout and the most beautiful of watery landscapes.
- From £5,900 per person, based on two sharing for 12 nights. Fully inclusive throughout, all meals, drinks, safari activities and domestic bush flights included.
- Okavango Delta, Chief's Island, Moremi Game Reserve and Khwai Private Reserve
Kalahari & Delta Ride
- Experience some of the best riding on Earth in Botswana. Ride through big herds and vast expanses of the Kalahari & combine it with the spectacular watery gallops of the Okavango.
- From £5,250 per person, based on two sharing for a 10 day riding safari across two locations in Botswana. Fully inclusive throughout, all meals, drinks, safari activities and domestic bush flights included.
- Makgadikgadi Salt Pans and Okavango Delta
On the Trail of Big Cats & Botswana's Wild Dogs
- Track lions, leopard, cheetah & caracal in the sand of the Kalahari. Experience wild dogs on the move in the Moremi & witness the spectacular struggle of predator and prey in Savute.
- From £4,000 per person, based on two sharing for an 8 day predator focussed safari in northern Botswana. Fully inclusive throughout, all meals, drinks, safari activities and domestic bush flights included.
- Central Kalahari Game Reserve, Moremi Game Reserve & Savuti
Cape Town, Okavango & Victoria Falls
- Experience Victoria Falls, the Okavango Delta & Cape Town throughout 3 Southern African countries at any time of the year.
- From £2,750 per person, based on two sharing for a 10 day holiday across southern Africa. Fully inclusive on safari, all meals, drinks, safari activities and domestic bush flights included. Bed & Breakfast in Cape Town and Victoria Falls.
- Cape Town - Camps Bay, Okavango - Chief's Island and the Upper Zambezi - Victoria Falls
- Explore Botswana's Highlights, including the Makgadikgadi's salty wilderness, the Vumbura Plains in the Okavango Delta & the vast floodplains of the Linyanti at Zarafa Camp.
- From £8,700 per person, based on two sharing for 9 nights. Fully inclusive throughout, all meals, drinks, safari activities and domestic bush flights included.
- Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, Okavango Delta and the Linyanti
Where To Stay in Botswana
Explore some of our highly recommended lodges within our Botswana Collection.