Tailor-made Luxury Holidays
Our Bhutan Expert
"Speaking from experience, a holiday to Bhutan is really enhanced by the in-depth knowledge of your guides"Contact Katie
My recent trip in Bhutan
Why we love
The latest insight from our time exploring Bhutan
Bhutan is situated on the southern slopes of the Eastern Himalayas. The scenery combines stunning valleys full of lush green meadows with winding glacial rivers. By looking upwards from the valley floors, one can lose themselves in the beauty of the diverse forests that blanket the foothills of the Himalayas. As you climb above the tree line the temperature begins to drop, and a spectacle of snow tipped mountains is revealed. Reaching above seven thousand meters, this mountain range is one of the greatest in the world.
Festivals are an integral part of Bhutan's history and culture. The festival season begins with the Tehechu festivals in February, held across multiple towns and cities. Celebrations are directed to the Guru Rinpoche, who brought a Tantric form of Buddhism to Bhutan in the 8th Century. Those who experience the festival are believed to be blessed with merit, good luck and have their wishes granted. The festival season continues until the end of December with various celebrations of Bhutan’s’ rich history, culture and lifestyle.
Bhutans unique culture is credited to the fact that it has remained untainted by foreign influences due to its Himalayan locked landscape and historical reluctance to open its doors to the outside world. Bhutan has welcomed tourists from 1974, tempting them in with the oriental way of life of a culture unchanged for centuries. Experience local delicacies such as Zow Shungo, try your hand at the national sport of archery or surround yourself in the enchanting sound of Bhutanese folk music.
Tucked away off the beaten track and surrounded by breathtaking scenery, the monasteries of Bhutan exude peace and serenity. Soak up the tranquil atmosphere and immerce yourself in the intricate Buddhist history of the land.
Whatever experience you are looking for, our experts are ready to help…
How to Explore
These itineraries cover routes and places that are particularly popular with our guests and are designed to inspire. Every single trip we create is tailor-made and highly personalised to meet your specific requirements.
Bhutan by Aman
- Experience all the highlights of Bhutan whilst residing in the timeless luxury of Aman Hotels
- Thimpu, Bumthang, Punaka, Gangtey Goenpa, Paro
Highlights of Bhutan
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant and busy Bhutanese culture in Thimpu, hike up to the world famous Tigers Nest Monastery near Paro, and try your luck spotting Black Neck Cranes in Gangtey Goenpa.
- Thimpu, Gangtey Goenpa, Paro
Bhutan Family Adventure
- Head to Punakha for an extensive variety of family friendly hikes, or raft down the Mo Chu River before absorbing the history of Bhutan in the many museums of Thimphu
- Punaka, Thimphu
Off the Beaten Track
- Enjoy unspoilt rural Bhutan, from outstanding scenery to unfamiliar terrains and exciting hiking trails.
- Link your adventure to the trails of Nepal for the ultimate intrepid experience
Where To Stay in
Some of our highly recommended lodges from our Bhutan collection.