Tailor-made Luxury Holidays
Our Tanzania Beach Expert
Tanzania is home to some of Africa's most sought-after beaches. The combination of crystal turquoise waters, white sand beaches, and delicious local Swahili food is a winner every time.Contact Georgie
My recent trip in Zanzibar
Why Tanzania for a beach holiday?
Let our team of experts on advise you on the right beach destination for you
Zanzibar is the perfect option for those who are keen to stay active while on holiday. Particular highlights include wind-surfing, deep-sea fishing, snorkelling and diving. For more land-based activities, don't forget to explore Stone Town with its daily markets and vibrant atmosphere. If you enjoy your history, a spice tour is well worth the trip. Zanzibar was one of the world’s leading producers of spices such as clove, nutmeg and cinnamon and was formerly known as the Spice Island.
Escape the Crowds
The island of Zanzibar has become incredibly popular nowadays, so here at True Luxury Travel we like to escape the crowds and find hidden gems off the beaten track. One of our favourites is the island of Pemba, located off the North East
coast of Zanzibar. Here you will often find yourself alone on the beach, soaking up the warmth of the African sunshine while enjoying the smells of your fresh fish on the barbeque. With only a handful of beach cabanas, there is no need to find your own patch of privacy!
There is so much to love about Zanzibar that you don't need to think of it as purely a beach destination. Watersports enthusiasts and diving aficionados will find what they are after just as much as those looking for a spa and beach retreat. If you are feeling cultural, why not head to Stone Town, a traditional Swahali coastal trading town that emcompasses the rich culture of Zanzibar.
Suggested itineraries for your beach holiday
An outline of our favourite options
Fly and Flop
- Pemba Island is a destination in itself, so if you aren't into the bush side of life, why not fly to Pemba Island (via Dar es Salaam) for a week of total bliss on this paradise and remote island.
- From approximately £2,000 per person based on 2 people sharing for 7nights. Fully inclusive of all meals, drinks, and regional flights.
- 7 x Nights at Fundu Lagoon in a Beach Front room.
Bush and Beach
- Combine the very best of Tanzania with an unforgettable safari experience followed by a week of unwinding at one of favourite properties on Zanzibar.
- From approximately £5,700 per person based on two sharing for 10 nights. Fully inclusive of all meals, drinks, safari activities and regional flights.
- 3 x Nights at Ikuka Camp in Ruaha National Park followed by 7 x Nights at Baraza Resort & Spa.
Culture and Beach
- Soak up the vibrant atmosphere of Stone Town with its bustling markets and engaging spice tours, before relaxing on the white sands of Zanzibar's finest beaches.
- From approximately £5,000 per person based on 2 people sharing for 9 nights. Bed and Breakfast basis in Stone Town and Full Board basis on the beach, inclusive of transfers and regional flights.
- 2 x Nights at Emerson Spice followed by 7 x Nights at Matemwe Lodge.
Tanzania's beach highlights
Showcasing the diversity of Tanzania
With its long white sand beaches and a huge range of boutique hotels to choose from, Zanzibar is the perfect place for a sun drenched summer holiday.
Escape the crowds to this remote and untouched island. Home to some of our favourite beaches, with access to some of the best diving in Africa, Pemba Island is a must visit if you planning some beach time into your Tanzania holiday.
If you are keen to get off the beaten track and immerse yourself into one of Tanzania's more remote islands, head to Mafia Island. Thriving with marine life, Mafia Island is the place to go if you are keen to try your hand at fishing, diving or even swimming with whale sharks.
Keep things simple and head to Tanzania's coastline for the perfect spot to unwind. By staying local, you can keep logistics straightforward while still enjoying pristine natural beaches and superb Tanzanian hospitality. Tanzania's coastline is perfect for those who are looking to simply rest and relax following their safari.