Tailor-made Luxury Holidays
Our Adventure Expert
Going on an adventure has always appealed to me. Exploring off the beaten track can be an amazing experience, whether it be deep into a National Park or a Jungle, each experience offers something different.Contact Katie
My recent trip in Adventure
One of Africa’s most iconic safari areas. A phenomenon of nature where the Okavango River runs out, not to the sea but into the heart of the Kalahari Desert. Floodwaters arrive all the way from the Angolan Highlands in about June and water levels in the Delta can rise by up to three feet in a matter of days. A truly beautiful landscape with a jaw-dropping variety and volume of wildlife.
Kenya and Samburu
The high plains of Laikipia sit under a majestic snow-capped Mount Kenya, and are made up of a patchwork of private reserves with superb family run safari lodges. This is regarded as one of Kenya's best safari regions with plentiful game and few visitors, an example of sustainable tourism at its best, and the location of some truly beautiful lodges. True Luxury Travel’s specialists often find ourselves drawn back to this area and if you were to ask about our favourite areas in Africa, Laikipia would be close to the top. Heading further north takes you into the Samburu and the heat of the desert, a land of winding sand-rivers and doom palms, flanked by the majestic Matthews Range and the Samburu’s spiritual mountain Ololokwe. Stumble upon huge bull elephants and big breeding herds heading for water and be astounded in the volume of life in such an arid part of the world, this is an excellent area for wild dog and leopard sightings.
The densely forested island is still sparsely inhabited. Also it is surrounded by numerous white coral reefs, making it a haven for scuba divers from around the region.
Queenstown is a picturesque alpine village with a great buzz where you can find lots of young people, and lots of easily accessible commercial activities for adventure breaks, including bungee jumping, jetboating, rafting, and now also wonderful wine tours.
Muang La is 28km from Udomxai in the North of Laos. It offers a rural alternative to the city, sitting on the confluence of the Nam La (La River) and Nam Phak (Phak River), surrounded by palm trees. Muang La hosts one of Laos' most admired Buddha Statues, the Pra Singkham Buddha.
World-class surfing and diving, a large number of cultural, historical and archaeological attractions, and an enormous range of accommodations, this is one of the world's most popular island destinations and one which consistently wins travel awards.
How to Explore Adventure Locations
These itineraries cover routes and places that are particularly popular with our guests and are designed to inspire. Every single trip we create is tailor-made and highly personalised to meet your specific requirements.
Deep Delta Explorer
- Immerse yourself in the Okavango Delta exploring 4 locations from West to East, experiencing unforgettable wildlife encounters throughout and the most beautiful of watery landscapes.
- From £5,900 per person, based on two sharing for 12 nights. Fully inclusive throughout, all meals, drinks, safari activities and domestic bush flights included.
- Okavango Delta, Chief's Island, Moremi Game Reserve and Khwai Private Reserve
The Best of Laikipia and Samburu
- Explore Samburu for its incredible culture and spectacular surroundings. Head to Laikipia to explore its wildlife and scenery on foot.
- From 7 nights at £5,500 per person including accommodation and flights.
- Laikipia, Samburu, Matthew's Range
Exclusive New Zealand
- Sail and dive up north, fishing in Taupo, enjoy Sauvignon Blancs and the Mountains in the South Island
- From 21 nights for £32,000 per couple including accommodation and flights.
- Bay of Islands, Taupo, Hastings, Marlborough Sounds, Banks Peninsula, Queenstown and Wanaka.
- Explore all this beautiful country has to offer from its night markets, Poussi temple, life on the Mekong and local tribes.
- From £4,300 per person including internal flights and transfers.
- Luang Prabang, Muang La, Vientiane
- Experience Balinese countryside from rice terraces to the Holy Monkey forest. Hike up Mt Batur and head to Menjangan for its mangrove forest and coral reefs.
- Spend 10 nights in three locations on a bed and breakfast basis from £3,600 per person, inclusive of transfers within Bali.
- Ubud, Menjangan and Jimbaran Bay
Malaysian & Borneo Adventure
- Enjoy a thrilling climb up Mount Kinabalu. Absorb the noises of the rainforest and unravel and experience unique wildlife experiences and boutique lodging throughout.
- A 10-night stay, privately guided boat trips and treks, staying in authentic accommodation from £5,500 per person, inclusive of domestic flights, fully inclusive activities and meals.
- Mount Kinabalu, Kinabatangan River and Borneo Rainforest Lodge.
Where To Stay for an adventure.
Explore some of our highly recommended lodges within our adventure collection.
What Our Clients Say
Start planning your trip
How we create your itinerary
1 Whatever planning stage you are at, contact us and tell us about your trip
2 We will then create a bespoke itinerary based on your specific requirements
3 We will then refine your itinerary until you are bursting with excitement about it
4 Travel with us safe in the knowledge you are fully supported and financially protected
Actual Expert Knowledge arrow_drop_down
Every one of our team has a huge passion for travel and spend at least six weeks each year visiting our lodges, meeting new managers and guides, ensuring our high standards are met and maintained.
Transparent Pricing arrow_drop_down
Unlike other tour operators, we do not charge you a premium for our services and as such, our prices are often better than booking direct because we can negotiate deals with our long standing relationships.
TOTAL Support arrow_drop_down
Our operations team are on call 24 hours a day to support you while you are travelling and to ensure that if something does go wrong, you are never left in the lurch. We are here to help so you can relax throughout your holiday.
Blank Paper Bespoke arrow_drop_down
We do not have any 'off the shelf itineraries'. Instead, we begin your booking with a blank piece of paper, to ensure that we only propose lodges that will fit your specific requirements and guides who will suit your personality.
Unrivalled Guide Network arrow_drop_down
We are proud of our unrivalled network of guides on the ground who will turn your trips from a memorable one into a spectacular experience.
Hand Picked Lodges arrow_drop_down
Every single lodge that we propose to you has been recently visited by one of our team and meets the high standards that we set. Surprisingly, this is a rarity within the industry.
100% Financial Protection arrow_drop_down
We are a certified member of the Travel Trust Association (Q1588a), guaranteeing you 100% financial protection for every aspect of your trip.
Safety First arrow_drop_down
We have a team dedicated to producing safety intelligence in every country that we represent as a destination, so that you can travel with total peace of mind.